Laborer / Landscape Technician
A Laborer / Landscape Technician reports directly to the Landscape Crew Leader and will be dispatched to do landscaping work from various locations as defined by the yearly landscaping schedule for Kinsley Properties buildings and sites. The position is a five-day-a-week job with a normal start time of 6:00 AM and end time of 2:30 PM each day with some fluctuation depending on the season. This position primarily performs its duties outdoors and will be exposed to varying seasonal conditions. Some overtime may be offered.
Who We Are:
Established in 1980, Kinsley Properties is part of the Kinsley family of companies serving 17 states and employing more than 3000 teammates. Uniquely positioned in the market to serve clients with specialized real estate needs, we are an organization led by a set of core values founded on integrity, empowerment, and accountability. With a long history of being an engaged member of our community, inclusive of annual giveback campaigns and encouragement of volunteerism, we are focused on creating a place for our employees to thrive through shared success.
Be part of a team that offers competitive benefits, opportunities and growth.
The below items are accountabilities a Laborer / Landscape Technician will need to meet along with a weighted percentage to give an idea of how time is typically allocated to the position.
- Performing Commercial Landscaping: (80%)
- Customer Service: (10%)
Performing Commercial Landscaping:
- A technician should have a basic knowledge of:
- Landscaping tools and equipment.
- Site maintenance
- A technician will be required to perform the below landscaping tasks in a safe and responsible manner:
- Mowing and weed whacking of properties.
- Trimming plant material, weeding, and planting as directed.
- Installation of lawn materials and flower bed items to include mulching.
- Erosion and sediment control work to meet municipal regulation.
- Miscellaneous landscape crew equipment maintenance and cleanup as directed.
- Other duties as directed by Landscape Crew Leader.
- Technicians must arrive on time at the predetermined place for assigned work to be completed.
- A Technician will need to be organized in approach to job tasks and be willing to work in a team environment.
- Once work is assigned, the Technician should be able to independently complete their part of the team work and identify all issues which require attention. They must be a self-directed person willing to learn new tasks.
- Different tasks arise during the day and one task may not be able to be completed with one visit to a job. The Technician must be able to multitask to stay productive and on task.
- The Technician will need to be responsible for company tools, both in proper use and maintenance.
- The Technician will need to have a valid driver’s license, physical, and drug test along with company sponsored training which occurs from time to time.
- A Technician needs to represent Kinsley Properties values of on-time customer focused service to all Tenants they come in contact with.
- Tenants should be able to observe persons who are on the Landscape Crew as task focused persons who present an image of order and neatness in both appearance and quality of work performed.
- The Technician should relay a sense of confidence and understanding to the Tenant.
We look for These Competencies in a Laborer / Landscape Technician
- Conflict Management – steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Customer Service Focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains strong effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Timely Decision Making – Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good times and bad.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Negotiating – Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
- Organizational Agility – knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; understands the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures; understands the cultures of organizations, is held accountable to all members of the Kinsley Properties team and is respectful in all interactions with team members.
- Planning – accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Problem Solving – uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Drive for Results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Reliable/Dependable – both customers and staff can expect a consistent level of performance and a desire to solve problems and follow up with solutions whenever called upon.
- Trust/Honesty – carries on business in a way that all persons worked with cannot question their ethical stance. In all work and relationship interactions do what is right because it is the right thing to do.
- Flexible – Be ready to move and change for the client to meet their needs as long as the solutions fall into the Kinsley Properties values, ethics, and mission. To serve the customer and their needs in the way they want them served.
- Relationships Creating – create deep and meaningful relationships with customers, staff, and venders so that we understand each other’s needs and are better able to meet and exceed those needs. Create an environment where others do not hesitate asking questions because they know they will be answered quickly and correctly. At the end of it all, it is about the people.
- Intentionality – have a defined purpose in all interactions by laying out clear expectations and then following through with everything promised. Set and work toward specific goals and communicate those goals to others so that they can help achieve those goals.
We Look for These Technical Skills in a Laborer / Landscape Technician
- Understanding of landscape drawings and specifications.
- Understanding of landscape systems and materials and how to maintain them.
We Look for This Level of Experience in a Laborer / Landscape Technician
- One year of hands-on field experience in the commercial landscape and maintenance industry.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your Cover Letter and CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.